Sunday, November 19

I think I know where I am and I think I know where I want to be

Its that middle part that is so hard. But I suppose that this is life, isn't it?

Here it is. Today is the first Sunday my family will spend at home (away from the worship service of the local church that we have previously associated with) after talking to the leadership about why I needed to resign as an Elder and why we would not be 'attending church' anymore, but are thinking about some different directions (MUCH more on that later). We have missed the worship service plenty of times (and have not really attended at all the past 5 weeks or so) but this feels so final now that we have had The Talk.

I am not sure how this blog will play into this journey that my family and I and a couple of friends are starting on: will this be the center for my own thoughts regarding this thing called church? A resource for friends we might meet along the way? An exercise in spiritual journaling? Narcissism?

1 comment:

Eddie said...

Hi Rick.

I have just found your blog and find my interest piqued. I have logged it and will check back every couple of days.

Anyway, I can well associate with the feelings you must all have felt at not 'attending church' anymore. Been there, done that.

I am interested to discover your journey and what it will all lead to. I pray God's Blessings on you all and the directions in which you are led.

God Bless.