Tuesday, January 23

23

Fans of the Illuminatus! Trilogy rejoice (though, also be in mourning since the recent passing of Robert Anton Wilson) - The Number 23 is a new movie (starring Jim Carrey) that shares many themes with that work.

I remember being 16 years old and checking the book(s) out (the Trilogy was all contained within a single book - this is the version I recall)...they really should not let children read this, probably not adults either. I was fascinated with the Discordian principles and the amazing layers of satire, parody, half-truth and philosophy contained within. It really did send my reading preferences in a very different direction and openend up many authors that I might never have stumbled on otherwise (if I recall correctly, I probably picked it up looking for some straight sci-fi, which I was reading constantly at the time).

fnord

No comments: